FLIR Maritime cameras are subject to U.S. Government Export regulations. Cameras require an Export Licence or certification before a repaired camera can be returned.
Please contact us at email@example.com before returning your camera so we can ensure correct documentation is in place.
Cameras with a frame rate greater than 9Hz require an export licence.
New U.S. Government export license requirements require FLIR to ask the intended end-use and end-user for cameras with a frame rate less than 9Hz. Cameras with a frame rate less than 9Hz require end-user statements. Please contact us before returning your camera, advising the end use for the camera.
It is important to inform us immediately if a camera is being used, or will be used, for military end-use, by military end-users, or incorporated into a military commodity. Additional information will be required and FLIR will assist in obtaining the appropriate authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions in the Global Limited Warranty, FLIR Maritime Products are warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for;
- Cooled Sensor Products for one (1) year (“Cooled Sensor Limited Warranty Period”); and
- Uncooled Sensor Products for two (2) years (“Standard Limited Warranty Period”);
from the date the Product was purchased by the Original Customer.
During this period and for the Original Customer, FLIR will, at its sole option, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use.
If the Cooled Sensor Limited Warranty or Standard Limited Warranty applies to you, FLIR will not charge you for parts or labour for warranty repairs or replacements.
- If you need to return your Product to FLIR Maritime, this must be done through the FLIR Customer Portal.
- Products must only be returned when you have received a notification number.
- Securely re-package the Product for shipping; and include inside the package, along with the Product being returned:
- The notification number from the FLIR Customer Portal; and
- Valid proof of purchase including date and place of purchase and Product serial number(s); and
- A copy of your product registration if you qualify for 3-Year Extended Limited Warranty.
For full details about the terms of the warranty view the full policy
Depending on your product and the date of claim, a number of warranty options are available. If unsure you should contact your nearest FLIR Maritime dealer who can advise you. Alternatively Contact Maritime Camera Support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.